San Diego, CA
Job Title: Assembler- Electromechanical
Location: Mira Mesa
Duration: Temp to Hire
Pay: $13.00- 13.50
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Follows production drawings, sample assemblies and verbal instructions with close supervision. Understands and applies established acceptable workmanship practices to all facets of mechanical assembly.
• Interprets and works from drawings, work instructions and bills of material to understand the required parts and steps needed to complete the assigned assembly.
• Connects component lead wires to printed circuit or routes and connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points.
• Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture, or other holding device.
• Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, welds, solders, cements, press fits, or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
• Uses hand and small power tools to place small components in boards, cables, connectors, etc. Inspect parts and performs basic tests.
• May perform other assembly tasks such as potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping, etching, impregnating, and color coding parts and assemblies.
• Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics.
• May perform hand soldering using a soldering iron.
• May perform work (soldering and general inspection) under microscope.
• Follows safety procedures in the use and handling of flammable and hazardous chemicals required to meet all cleanliness specifications.
• Must be able to follow specific procedures and detailed instructions completely.
• Ensures that quality checks are completed throughout the manufacturing process.
• Properly transact all completed operations in IFS and list all completed operations on manual production log.