SAN DIEGO, CA
Engineering Technician II/III
Potential Temp to Hire
San Diego, CA 92121
Pay: $21-$29/hr. DOE
Supports engineers with process development, and performs basic testing and analysis to be applied in the manufacture, fabrication, and evaluation of new products/process. Involvement may begin at any step from pilot plant to full-scale manufacturing. The engineering technician will be responsible for engineering type testing and providing basic feedback to support engineers in determining appropriate limits and variables for process or material specifications.
• Assist engineers and perform various test procedures, collecting data, executing protocols, basic data analysis, and contribute to lab reports.
• Support routine equipment setup and test preparation, and lab scheduling.
• Assist in completing ongoing data spreadsheets, and basic product investigation.
• May be responsible to perform basic machine shop duties, and some travel to local contractors for product pick up or test clarifications.
• Create and revise basic work instructions, test protocols, and generate document change orders.
A minimum of 1 year of experience in related position
• Skilled at using MS Office applications (Word and Excel).
• Ability to do basic charting, graphing in Excel spreadsheets and other related programs.
• 2 year technical degree or certificate in a science, health or engineering discipline preferred.
• Associate Degree or equivalent experience