San Diego, CA
Title: Customer Care Advocate
Location: San Diego, CA 92130
Schedule: M-F 1st shift (start times range from 6am-10am)
Pay Rate: $16.50 per hour
Duration: Temporary to hire (based on performance and business need)
Manpower is supporting a Pharmaceuticals Company in Carmel Valley who is searching for excellent customer service representatives.
The Customer Care Advocate is responsible for professionally responding to telephone inquiries from patients, doctors, and internal customers as they relate to all services IMMY provides. Customer Care Representatives are responsible for problem solving and educating callers. They are also responsible for documenting all customer interactions in company software used for order management. In addition to communicating with patients, the Representative will also interact frequently with prescribers and their offices, developing key relationships with their accounts.
1. Answer telephone promptly and in a professional manner, using scripting.
2. Obtain and enter accurate patient demographic & prescription information into pharmacy & order management software systems.
3. Answer questions and offer other information, as requested, to provide patient- focused service and a positive impression of the organization.
4. Maintain confidentiality of PHI and sensitive pharmacy information following HIPAA guidelines.
5. Act as a liaison for the patients and the pharmacies.
6. Direct calls to other departments as needed.
7. Use sound judgment in handling calls, especially with upset patients.
8. Understanding of when to escalate calls to a supervisor.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
2. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally on the telephone.
3. Ability to relate to persons with diverse educational, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds.
4. Ability to handle a “call center” environment: work quickly and multi-task.
5. Exercise good judgment to handle calls appropriately.
6. Demonstrate good customer service care for patients, clients, and sales and marketing.
7. Adept at seeing change as an opportunity to improve business performance.
8. Fluent in the English language with excellent oral and written communication skills.
9. Demonstrated job stability.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities 2
1. Capability to organize and prioritize work, and manage multiple priorities.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills including, letters, memos and emails.
3. Exceptional attention to detail and good analytical skills.
4. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
5. Establish and maintain effective relationships with all internal and external clients.
6. Problem solve quickly and effectively.
7. Promptly answer, screen, and process telephone inquiries with strict adherence to confidentiality and HIPAA policies.
8. Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Internet.
9. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as quantities, discounts, interest and percentages.
10. Able to participate and understand in traditional and e-learning programs.
2+ years of pharmacy experience preferred, and 2+ years of relevant customer service experience, required. Previous experience in a high-volume call center environment, required.
High School Graduate, Certified Pharmacy Technician preferred.