San Diego, CA
Job Title: Material Handler
Schedule: 2nd Shift (4x10) Fri-Mon 1:30pm – 12am
Duration: Long term
Pay: $16.00 – $ 17.00/hr DOE
Performs the physical and administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies, and equipment.
Assists in maintaining inventory integrity.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Shipping
• Prepares documents, instructions and other required documentation in order to coordinate shipping and freighting of pumps, cartridges, and materials.
• Packs and prepares company products and other materials for shipping in accordance with customer requests.
• Maintains records of orders shipped, documenting weights and shipping charges.
• Ensures documentation complies with governmental and regulatory agencies requirements.
Receiving • Receives incoming materials, services and supplies by unpacking and checking goods received against purchase orders or invoices.
• Maintains records of received goods and rejects unsatisfactory items.
• Transfers approved materials into their proper stockroom locations or delivers packages to internal customers • Coordinates incoming shipments of goods authorized for return with employees in Customer Service, Quality Control and Quality Assurance.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge, skills & abilities: • Good oral and written communication skills. • Basic math skills. • Good interpersonal skills. • Demonstrated word processing and data entry skills. • Familiar with GMP environment.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)